When we speak about the IELTS Test, many of the aspirants say they are preparing for the IELTS Test and that you may find it difficult to pass this exam. It is because they have heard this from other aspirants who have not prepared for the IELTS Test Day. With Srishti,
Remember, Srishti's IELTS course is not just about IELTS test, but also improving your English language skills
IELTS Mock Test
Table of Contents
IELTS Mock Test - Objectives
Ask yourself the question – “How much time I can dedicate for IELTS everyday?”
With only a month to prepare IELTS Preparation in a month, puts lot of pressure! IELTS is challenging, even for test-takers who are very proficient in English—which is why it’s helpful to choose Srishti as your IELTS guide
The objective of any IELTS Mock Test should be to understand the IELTS Exam’s Question Pattern. The Question pattern varies based on IELTS General or IELTS Academic, the test that you are preparing for
IELTS Question Pattern
While there are two different types of IELTS tests – IELTS General and IELTS Academic, there are a few common aspects such as
- both consists of 4 sections
- Listening and Speaking follow the same pattern
- The Reading and Writing sections follow a different pattern whereas the no. of questions in Reading (40 questions) and the overall tasks (2 tasks) to be achieved are same between these tests
Highlights of IELTS Exam pattern are
Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking
0 - 9 with 0.5 increments
Mode of Exam
Paper-based / Computer-based
Candidates are given to listen an audio recording. The recording will be played only once. Candidates should answer the questions that follow the recording. The total time of the recording varies from 30 – 33 minutes during which time, the candidates should respond to 40 questions.
The IELTS Listening module consists of 4 sections each with 10 questions. Each correct response carries 1-mark and any wrong response carries zero
The pattern of the question are :
- Section – 1: Based on everyday situation as a conversation between two speakers
- Section – 2: Based on everyday situation as a monologue
- Section – 3: Conversational in nature on educational and training context
- Section – 4: Monologue in nature on educational and training context
- In Paper-based test, there will be additional 10-minutes at the end of the recording to transfer the answers to the answer sheet
- In Computer-based test, the listening test submission is immediately after the end of the recording
The IELTS Reading in both General and Academic consists of 3 sections. 40 questions across these 3-sections each with 1-mark for every correct response and zero for wrong response determine the band-score for IELTS Reading.
The total duration is 60 minutes (be it General or Academic). The Reading module across this test differs as described below
12 – 13
12 – 13
IELTS Writing test has a total duration of 60 minutes and requires you to complete 2 tasks. The tasks to accomplish varies between IELTS General and IELTS Academic.
In IELTS General, the Task-1 will be a letter-writing activity and Task-2 will be an essay writing.
In IELTS Academic, the Task-1 will be an activity to describe an image or a graph while Task-2 will be an essay writing.
In this module, students need to be careful about providing more information, use simple words and speak naturally. The total duration of this module is 15 – 18 minutes and the timing for each Task varies
The pattern of this module is as follows:
Task-1: This will be a few interview questions for introduction based on different topics like work, home, studies, family etc. This Task is likely to last 5-6 minutes
Task-2: The candidates are given one topic, and the students speak on the topic after one minute of preparation.
Task-3: This is a continuation of Task 2, where the candidates are given more opportunities to discuss several theoretical questions, and this section lasts for 4-5 minutes
Check the IELTS materials from Srishti
Apart from your course materials, Srishti provides a lot of great resources that will also be mentioned during your study schedule. These are free access and is highly recommended for your success in IELTS Preparation in month
Srishti IELTS Prep
This section is for providing you the resources to look for if you have read-on till here
- Build a structured study-plan
- Choose the right online resources that suits your style. Note: These resources do not know your requirement or your skills and neither do they assure your success in IELTS test
- IELTS preparation through free resources can take you into circles – one suggesting vocabulary another suggesting grammar yet another requiring you to start from English language basics. They all lack expert feedback that provides you the areas of weaknesses to improve for your IELTS target score ambition
IELTS Test Day Tips
Free planning to structured IELTS preparation course to free guidance for booking your IELTS test, Srishti provides the complete 360-degree view of your IELTS goals.
Here are 10 simple tips to help you on your exam day.
- Be confident and calm while responding to your IELTS Test. When practiced well with our experts, you will find the time allotted for each of the module is more than enough whereas others find it difficult to manage their time.
- Reach the exam venue at least 1 to 1-1/2 hours in advance. Take some time to familiarise with the location and amenities around.
- Do not remember the answers for your speaking part. Be spontaneous and share your ideas on the given topic
- In IELTS writing module, spare 5 minutes to revise what has been written. Check syntax and sentence formation errors
- Do not worry about your favourite (favorite) language. IELTS accepts both British English and American English.
- Vocabulary is also important. You can practice few vocabulary exercises in a fun way here.
- Do not rush your speaking section. Focus on your pronunciation and fluency. Rate of words is not a scoring criteria for IELTS
- IELTS Listening tests your focus and concentration. Practice not to complete the sentences till they are actually spoken.
- Check the question type in IELTS Reading. So read the question twice before you start your response.
- Always start with the question for your IELTS Reading. The objective is to score and not trying to understand the passage
Explore the IELTS preparation course from experts
It is very important to seek experts’ feedbacks for your practices. Courses such as Srishti’s IELTS course provides you 1-to-1 training and brings about a structured approach for your IELTS preparations
More Help for your IELTS Test
IELTS Academic Writing Task-2 – Latest sample
IELTS Academic Writing Task-1 – Latest sample
IELTS General Reading – Latest Tips and Tricks. Here and here
IELTS General Writing – Sample Band-9 Essay – January 2022
IELTS General Speaking – Band-9 Sample – January 2022
IELTS General Listening – Tips – January 2022